Integrated English for Effective Communication
Engage your learners to help them acquire reading and language skills!
The Integrated English for Effective Communication K to 12 series (IEEC) integrates knowledge, skills, and processes designed in learning the English language through differentiated activities, authentic tasks, and various forms of assessments geared toward literacy and communicative competence.
Grade 1: Joanna Karla N. Bautista;
Grade 2: Karen Grace H. Zablan and Mark Gleen O. Cidro;
Grade 3: Alce M. Sentones, Louie G. Mendoza, and Ace Lyn U. Miranda;
Grade 4: Mark Gleen O. Cidro and Karen Grace H. Zablan;
Grade 5 and 6: Louie G. Mendoza Alce M. Sentones Ace Lyn U. Miranda
Level/s: Grades 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6
The following are the lesson components of the series:
- Unblock prompts and motivates the learner through a variety of pictures, questions, and graphic organizers.
- Uncover introduces new and unfamiliar words in the selection through interesting and varied
- Activate, Enrich, and Engage present activities designed to address knowledge, process, and understanding of the skills
- Connect takes on the reading-to-writing connection to build the assimilation of skills through
notes and summary statements.
- Keep in Mind recaps the skills learned by providing a transition statement for promoting
understanding. It helps the learner to maintain focus and make meaning of the important
grammar and reading points.
- Engaging Scenario is the application of the skill in different contexts and various forms of media
through a performance task with an accompanying rubric as a guide for evaluation.
- Viewing provides closure to the entire lesson through a visual application of the skill in various forms of media.
Mold the communicative competence of Filipino learners in using English as a second language with IEEC.
Grade 1: 2015
Grade 2: 2015
Grade 3: 2015
Grade 4: 2015
Grade 5: 2015
Grade 6: 2015