The incumbent is responsible for
- Preparing, verifying, and modifying engineering plans, drawings, specifications, calculations, charts and graphs.
- Assuring compliance with National Building Codes, Electrical codes and other Engineering Practices.
- Performing technical and safety evaluations, adaptation of engineering techniques, standard procedures and requirements.
- Monitors all electrical/engineering work to ensure compliance with state laws and regulations.
- Provides technical assistance and resolution when electrical or engineering problems are encountered before, during, and after construction; analyzes and interprets test information to resolve design-related problems. Review existing electrical engineering criteria to identify necessary revisions, deletions or amendments to outdated material.
- Plans, develops, assembles, maintains, modifies, operates, evaluates, and documents the more complex electrical and electronic systems, prototypes, and specifications according to engineering data and knowledge of electrical principles. This includes the following:
- Draws or modifies diagrams and writes engineering specifications to clarify design details and functional criteria of experimental electronics units.
- Conducts regular inspections for quality control and assurance programs, reporting findings and giving recommendations.
- Evaluates engineering proposals. These include the following tasks:
- Write commissioning procedures for electrical installations.
- Prepare project cost and work-time estimates.
- Evaluate shop drawings and design comments for sound electrical engineering practice and conformance with established safety and design criteria, and recommend approval or disapproval.
- Prepare contracts and initiate, review and coordinate modifications to contract specifications and plans throughout the construction process.
- Perform managerial duties such as:
- Delegating work assignments.
- Monitoring work of support personnel in the assistance of supervisors/managers.
- Assigning the order of priority of special projects.
- Checks weekly maintenance monitoring report that includes accomplished, pending, and ongoing projects.
- Graduate of a four-year course related to Engineering, preferably Electrical or Civil.
- Licensed Civil/Electrical Engineer.
- With at least 3-5 years of experience in the same field.
- Supervisorial experience for at least 2 years
- Thoroughly knowledgeable in electrical design, engineering techniques, drafting and occupational safety standards.
- Safety Officer
- BOSH Training
- Decisive and dedicated.
You may apply for other positions by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org