The Phoenix Next Century Science series is developed to guide
the students as they travel into the world of science. It is very easy to read and
is user-friendly. Concepts are explained with many relevant pictures and useful
examples. Diagrams, graphs, and tables were utilized to aid in understanding the
BEC 2002 COMPLIANT
Phoenix Next Century Science
As the series conforms to the 2002 Basic Education Curriculum (BEC) by the
Department of Education (DepEd), it also includes the following special features:
- Each chapter begins with a quotation that serves as a food for thought which
the students can reflect on.
- Behavioral objectives are listed in each chapter opener to identify the expected
learning outcomes of the students.
- A list of values that can be integrated in the discussion of concepts are identified
in the beginning of each chapter.
- Contains additional scientific facts and figures (trivias) that will enrich the
students’ knowledge of the sciences
- Highlights various scientists, the latest news and discoveries or inventions in
biology and chemistry, and applications of biological and chemical principles
- A clear and accurate summary of the key concepts and ideas that students
|Project Director:||Sr. Mercedes E. Salud, SFIC|
|Author:||Susana B. Dela Cruz
Hilda R. Hagad
Ma. Carmela Boncodin